Wednesday 29 February 2012

Slow cooked BBQ ribs

Ingredients

3 tbsp hoisin
2 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Rice wine
2 tsp brown sugar
0.25 tsp Dave's insanity chilli sauce
Pinch of 5 spice


Method

1. Marinade ribs overnight
2. Lightly dust in flour and sear is a hot pan
3. Slow cook with remainder of marinade for 4 hours on high

Points/Notes

I had to add a little water to the marinade to make it go further, this diluted the flavour and so did the the flour, so they weren't as zingy as I would have liked.  I rescued the leftovers by drizzling a honey/chilli/soy mix over them before reheating in a low oven (covered in foil which was removed 5 mins before the end), but for the future I would increase the volume of marinade and go for a bolder flavour with it.


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully presented ! I love ribs, slow cooked and then crisped up under the grill or on the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete